Sunday, February 25, 2007

Day 9: Laurs

Wow--I just read Mickey's post and can't believe he put himself through a late night of dancing at a club while on the Cleanse. There's no way you'll catch me out on the scene during my 10 days on the MC. As you remember from my own Day 5, I was JUST starting to get some energy at that point. The cleanse for me, winds up being a very quiet time, mostly spent at home reading (cook books included) and watching movies. I have this sneaking suspicion I'm going to get the party bug as soon as it's over. Look out SF.

So here I am with ONE MORE DAY to go! Well, if you count today, it's really 2 days. After I parted ways with Mickers yesterday, I spent the afternoon with my friend Wayne and his Canadian visitor. We wound up at this new wine bar, which just about put me over the edge. I don't think I've ever had such a difficult moment on EITHER Cleanse as I did when those Zin flights showed up. Luckily, our waitress knew all about the Cleanse and offered to bring me some mint tea, which I gratefully accepted. God bless San Francisco. In what other city is your cocktail waitress likely to know the ins and outs of the MC?

After my day out, I spent yet another night chillin' with my lemonade at home where I saw a commercial for National Easting Disorders Awareness Week. If ONE more person asks me why I'm not eating, I might just say I'm fasting in solidarity with those who are fighting an eating disorder. That's probably more believable than fasting for Ash Wednesday, which fell smack in the middle of my 10 days.

Anyway, it's almost time to eat again! Since today is a Sunday, I have some time to hit the store and get my ingredients for the Cleanse breaking soup. I'm planning to make the veggie broth from scratch, which I've never done before. And I'm going to use my trusty slow cooker. I'll report back on the results. I just hope it's not too challenging to cook when I'm not allowed to eat. So much for taste testing.

No comments: