Sunday, February 25, 2007

Day 5, Part 2: Mickers, Enough With The Cleanse, Time to Get Dirty!


I must say, I really packed in a lot on Day 5. The cleanse is like liquid crack. I get all this energy and I go with it. After the morning's fun with the salt water and dreaming of restaurants, Laurs and I went to Crossroads Trading Company with my bags of clothes that came from last weekend's Spring cleaning. This is the fun game of seeing how fashionable you really are. When they see something the like, they open it up and examine it: the collar, the stitching and if they want it, it ends with a number being thrown into the calculator.

All my dress shirts were entered into the calculator in a matter of seconds. But when it came to all my favorite T-shirts, they passed on them, all of them. Oh well, I couldn't be that upset, I walked out the door with $60.00 and Laurs found an amazing wool coat while I was doing my trade-ins.

Next, I was off to work, for a solid 4 hours of organizing and client appointments. After work, I swung by Out of the Closet. Its funny how they have it set up at this store. You are giving them things for free for them to put out in the store. But, unlike Good Will, where the drop off is in the front, they make you walk all the way through the store to very back to drop things off. Usually I wouldn't complain, but I had three garbage bags in my hands overstuffed with clothing and that extra 100 yards was agonizing after walking a block with these bags from the car.

After my Out of the Closet excursion, I joined Adam for tea at Cafe Flore and watched him eat a lamb burger(my favorite item on the menu). It was pure torture for few seconds, but I pressed on with my mint tea. We went on to pick up Celeste Marie who surprised me with an amazing Valentine's day gift. A book of postcards called "The Secret Lives of Men and Woman" compiled by Frank Warren. This book is a collection of postcards sent to Frank Warren with peoples deepest secrets... the one I love is "I exchanged sex for a cab fare" and the postcard is a picture of the meter that says $0 blow job.

We picked up CM's friend Erika and were off to see Blood Diamond and I must say that little Leo has grown up and is HOT! It was quite the action-packed gory movie. We learned that during scary parts, Erika covers her eyes, Celeste curls up into the fetal position on her chair, Mickey half covers his eyes, and Adam has stone cold emotions and doesn't flinch. After dropping the ladies off, Adam and I rallied to go out.

After 5 days of the Cleanse, it was time to get DIRTY! Adam, Stephen, Cory and I went to show our faces and get down at DIRTY, my friend Sean's dance club at the Cat Club. It was a blast. I saw people I hadn't seen and while and the music was great. I was doing fine up until someone started talking about a lady with a cart outside that had hot dogs wrapped in bacon. In the words of Elle Woods, OMIGOD!. That is my favorite heart attack pleasure of all time. Deep breathes, Mickey, deep breathes! I lasted about an hour and I was wiped out, arrived home a 1 am and went straight to bed.

What a day!

No comments: