Saturday, February 24, 2007

Day 5: Mickers AND Day 8: Laurs



Its Saturday morning and we are slowly working our way through the morning salt water ritual. In an effort to take away the emotional pain, Laurs and I started looking at menus of restaurants that we would like to visit once the Cleanse is behind us. So far here is our list:

1. Nopa (Mickey has a gift certificate!)

2. Millennium (Lauren has a gift certificate!) Side note: This is a veggie restaurant and I usually turn my nose up at these, cause veggie tends to mean sacrifice, but this menu looks amazing!

3. Cafe Gratitude Side note: This is not only a veggie restaurant, but goes a step further, in the tradition of Maddy and serves only RAW food (all raw fruits and veggies, nothing cooked above 116 degrees). All the items on this menu have ridiculous titles that follow the form "I am____" i.e. " I am satisfied," "I am peaceful." Last time I went with Lauren, the only thing I had to say was "I am God damn still hungry!" Lauren was "ungrateful" for my comment, and asked that I keep it down, for fear that the freaky waiters (that gawk at you while you eat) would hear my cynicism. She loves that place...

4. Salt House - This little gem is the sibling of Town Hall Restaurant, which I love, love, love. Wait did I tell you how much I love this restaurant? Salt House looks to be just as great as their original creation. We are so getting the Shellfish Plateau, which includes fanny bays, buckley bays, and miyagis (both Laurs and I love us some oysters).

Please let this diet pass quickly. I'm now drooling...

Note from Laurs: Good morning! I'm still here at Mickers' place. We just finished our salt water and are about to launch into the day. Just a quick note to say that we're NOT going to overeat at any of these restaurants, so help me God. We weighed ourselves last night and this morning and we're each down 5 pounds!

No comments: