Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Day 5: Laurs


I'd like to dedicate this post to The Meyer Lemon. It's soft, it's juicier than other lemons and it's the prettiest yellow by far (see above). It also makes my life easier since I don't have to squeeze as many lemons when I use the Meyer variety. Hooray!

Day 5 began with Mickers waking me up at 6:45 am to confirm the salt to water ratio. It was lucky he called since it turned out I needed more time than usual after drinking my own salt water before, ahem, feeling ready to leave the house. As noted in our sidebar Cleanse Tips, we find that it's easier to drink the salt water WARM. Yes, this sounds gross, but somehow cold salt water is even grosser. (Tip came courtesy of fellow Cleanser, Ms. Tamara T).

I'm feeling much better today with a lot more energy. I also noticed that an interesting Cleanse side effect has reared its head--a superhero sense of smell. This is something that a lot of Cleansers have reported experiencing and it also happened to me on my first Cleanse. On one hand, it's a bit difficult since you can smell food that much easier (I'm dreading Valencia St tonight!). On the other hand, it's sort of fun to smell your shampoo and your laundry detergent on a whole new level. In fact, I smelled that Brazil Nut soap BEFORE I even entered the shower this morning--no joke. My theory for why this happens is that our body notices when we give it less calories and does it's best to help us find food. Kind of like how pregnant women get better vision to ward off potential predators. Just a theory...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got to give credit where credit is due. First-time cleanser Laurie G called me up and swore that warm salt water was much, much better than cold. She was totally right. So, props to the newbie!

P.S. Meyer lemons taste much better too because they are sweeter!!