Tuesday, February 20, 2007

DaY 1: Mickers

So I thought I was totally committed, but I forgot how hard the first day can be. I had to constantly rethink my day and all the emotional comfort that I place on food and drink. The frustration begun when I started my morning routine. On my way into the office, I usually stop into Peet's coffee for my small soy latte. Oh the pain of realizing I was not going to have the first satisfying sip of my latte, signaling the start of a beautiful day for my brain. I quickly jumped into my cleanse mode, realizing I would have to carefully select all activities for the next 10 days in order to stay true to the cleanse. I thought I had this down and would easily go through all 10 days without any problem, but was sadly mistaken.

I had to go to a conference around lunchtime and was handed a cup of jelly beans while I was chatting on the phone. I totally spaced and went into autopilot. Before, I knew it I had popped 3 jelly belly's into my mouth. Oh well! i stayed true to the cleanse the rest of the day. Even though my business partner did everything in his power to sway me. I even got an invite to a 10 course gourmet chinese dinner at one of the oldest chinese restaurants in the city for a special event this Friday and I resisted.

Feeling great tonight, came home cleaned the apartment and started tackling my pile of personal paperwork that I let sit for the last month. Once again, I feel more energy on the cleanse than what I usually feel in my normal routine. Time to watch Boston Legal. Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

LJP said...

I'm SO JEALOUS of your extra energy, Mickers! I could barely walk to BART this morning. Don't worry about the jelly bellies--they'll come right out tomorrow morning! :) xoxo, LJP